Friday 11 April 2008

Pace of Life

The thing about not working is that your pace of life slows down dramatically. The thing about not working AND being sick is that your world becomes so small. I literally live in between my flat and the hospital (and the supermarket) which are the only places I seem to go these days.

Not working and having money would be fabulous; lunches, days out, I would take driving lessons and courses in drawing and painting.

Not working when you don't have money is like being in prison. You can't go out and DO anything. And walking around the park gets boring very quickly. I'd love to get down to the gym and do some yoga or gentle exercise classes but that's too expensive. I'd love to spend the time I have trying to become more healthy, juicing and eating properly etc. The tragedy of society these days is that if you have no money you CANNOT be healthy. Did you know you can feed three people a large dinner of lasagne and garlic bread for £3.14? Supermarket value food is disgusting, it tastes horrible and is full of salt, fat and sugar. Vegetables on the other hand are EXPENSIVE! What is going on in the world????

Thank goodness for our Abel & Cole delivery every week. My wonderful sister Helen and her group from church wanted to do something for us and rather than give us money they have set up a delivery from Abel & Cole (organic vegetable boxes) who deliver once a week on a Monday. I think they will run it for the rest of the year and it is about £15 a week so it's not cheap. BUT IT"S BRILLIANT!!! We get 3 types of fruit, 6 types of vegetables and potatoes. We've had some great stuff too - Kohl Rabi (looks like an alien), Fennel, Aubergine, Carrots, Onions, Leeks, Beetroot etc and Oranges, Kiwis, Bananas and the most delicious Pears. We both love pears but when you buy them in the supermarket they are always too unripe and then they seem to turn overripe too quickly so I never buy them.
Anyway, free veg is great because we have it it means we have to eat it so at least some healthy eating is happening! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED - WE LOVE IT!!!!!

It is a really spring-y day today. April showers + sunshine and big fluffy clouds. I am feeling physically and emotionally much better today. I might even dig out my yoga DVDs that I know are around and try out some poses!

Lots of love to all, especially all the people who have left me messages in the last 24 hours!

Liz
xxx

No comments: