Thursday 15 May 2008

Team Betty

Next month I am doing a charity run. Well I say run but actually I will be walking as there is NO WAY I am able to manage even a gentle trot at the moment!

Check out the website www.teambetty.info - it's all about me!!!!!!
http://www.justgiving.com/teambetty-crisis ( to donate or join in!)

For those of you who don't know I volunteer every Christmas (for the last 8 years) for Crisis, a charity which helps homeless people. Every year Crisis do a fundraising event where some mad people run around London's Square Mile. The course starts at Paternoster Square (by St Paul's Cathedral) on a summer evening and goes along the River Thames and back again. I wouldn't actually know the route as I have never actually done the race despite saying many times that I would. I HAVE, however, been up there a couple of times to cheer on my friend Roger, sorry Scooby Doo (his alter ego) and it is great fun. There is a band afterwards and you get goody bags and everyone has a laugh and then usually goes for a drink in one of the local pubs.

So this year - I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!! Why not, the year when I have the best excuse ever NOT to do something (yeah, did you know I have cancer???)!!!!

What I want from you lot is SPONSORSHIP and if you can't do that then YOU"D BETTER BE RACING ALONGSIDE ME!!!!!!!
For our team instead of all the money going to Crisis we are going to give half of it to the Willow Foundation which is a charity that arranges days out for young people with cancer. They are taking me ballooning in July and they are a small charity so I thought they could do with the help.

SO - check out the website (www.teambetty.info) and if you have any questions or want to know more about it then feel free to contact me (liz_ford_1999@yahoo.co.uk).

See you there!

Liz
xxx
PS You are excused if you live in another country or more than 100 miles away!!!!

2 comments:

womble said...

Ermmmm, I work in the team responsible for organising the whole damn thing. I hope that's a good enough excuse!

See y'all there xxx

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to all of you taking part - sorry I can't make it up to central London early enough to support you all but hope it goes really really well!

GO TEAM BETTY!!

Lucy xxxx