Monday 6 October 2008

An Update


Hello,



This is weird because I am writing this blog into a Word document before I post it. This is because I have transferred the blog to a printable document so that it can be printed and given to those people who do not have a computer (apparently there are a few out there, although how someone can cope without internet is beyond me!!!).



I came back to work (where I am now – OBVIOUSLY doing work!) last week on Thursday and Friday and had two lovely days catching up with friends and colleagues and “re-orientating” myself to the unit. That means I drank a lot of coffee and chatted to people.



There was some good things to come out of it though. I spoke to the woman in Payroll who was sorting out my sick pay etc and she was really helpful. She said that they had overpaid me to the tune of £1,200.00. Great, another debt for me to repay. What had happened is that the sick returns are all done in arrears and so they kept paying me regardless.

Basically as of the end of August I am on no pay whatsoever, just Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) (which is about £74 a week). Since I have come back to work I will get paid next month for the hours I have done and if I don’t work full time hours the rest will be made up by SSP. It’s all a bit complicated, I’m glad I don’t work in Payroll.

They will be taking £400 a month from my pay cheque to repay the overpayment. Boo! It will be tight still but we’ll manage.

All in all it was good news – in as much as I will be getting paid enough money to save us from being totally broke.



We also had some more good news because Ashley has a job interview on Thursday for a job that will be nearly twice as much as his salary now. Fingers and toes are all crossed for that one.



We had a good weekend, we’ve got a bit more of the flat sorted out although it is still a mess with stuff everywhere! We haven’t found a place for everything yet which is quite frustrating.

Winne the cat is getting on well and we are going to keep him. Him and Dora are getting on quite well now although they are not the best of friends.



On Sunday we went hiking with my whole immediate family (that makes 9 of us). It was a beautiful day and we stopped at the pub in Brasted for a crafty pint. We did 6 miles and when we got back we were so tired we were in bed by 9pm!



Fat club update – I lost another 1lb last week – slowly but surely for me! Ash lost 6lb and was Slimmer of the Week! He is like the star pupil and is doing really well. As he was the only man there last week all the women were giving him dirty looks as no-one else had lost nearly that amount hee hee. It’s OK though because the group leader loves him (he has that effect on women of a certain age!).



Best sign off now as I think I am actually going to have to do some work today.



Love to you all



Liz

xxx

1 comment:

Lucy Holmes said...

Got everything crossed for the interview today. Hope all's well,

Lucy (Crisis) xxx