Monday 8 September 2008

A Normal Life

Hello,

A little update to let you all know that I am doing well - the hair is growing back in full force now and I had my first hair cut last week from Emma as I was starting to look a bit messy around the ears!

Good news! Emma (Ashley's sister) gave birth to her first child on Sunday so we had a cuddle. It was a boy, 9.6lb, no name yet! He is lovely, as we didn't know what he was before the birth we haven't been able to buy anything but now we can go and buy funky clothes and toys for him etc. Congratulations Emma and Steve!!!!!

I am still working away at the eBAying. It is getting more exciting as we have more visibility online now so more people are seeing and buying (and spending more) on our stuff! It keeps me out of trouble which is the main thing and I am getting out of the house most days instead of mooching about in my dressing gown.

I do miss being at work in the hospital and can't wait to get back to my friends and colleagues although I am not looking forward to the exhaustion of work again. I will get a phased return i.e. I will be broken back in slowly. But that is only for 6 weeks and then it's back to normal. Apparently it takes about a year to return to full fitness after an illness like cancer. I can't NOT go back to work so I think it is one of those situations where I will have to be really aware of how I feel and make sure I don't overdo it. I have a tendency to push myself and have a real problem saying 'no' to people so I will have to REALLY watch myself.

First week of Slimming World went well - I lost 3lb which is OK. I have relaxed into it a bit this week and am actually quite enjoying the challenge of doing more cooking and trying to make our favourite dinners more healthy! Ashley is doing it too now, officially. He joined up last week but luckily there was ONE other man there so they could give each other moral support! He doesn't have very much weight to lose. Also as he is now cycling to work on his new shiny bike he is doing the exercise program. He is so going to get more certificates and stickers and things than me!!!!!!!!! The challenge is on!
One little note about the new bike - it's MASSIVE! I tried to get on it and had to go up about 3 stairs before I could even attempt to get my leg over - and then my feet didn't touch the pedals properly!

Check out the hair!



Lots of love

Liz
xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blimey - you're so blonde!

Glad all's well,

Lucy xx